The Malleable Cast Iron Pipe Fitting Suppliers will share with you about the performance characteristics of malleable cast iron, and I hope it will be helpful to everyone.
Malleable Cast Iron Pipe Fitting
1. Low mechanical properties. Because graphite is equivalent to cracks or voids in the steel matrix, it destroys the continuity of the matrix, reduces the effective load-bearing section, and easily leads to stress concentration, so its strength, plasticity and toughness are lower than Carbon Steel Pipe Fittings.
2. Good wear resistance. This is due to the lubricating effect of graphite itself. In addition, the voids left after the graphite falls off can also store oil.
3. Good vibration absorption performance. This is because graphite can absorb vibration energy.
4. Good casting performance. This is due to the high silicon content of cast iron and the composition close to the eutectic composition, so it has good fluidity and filling.
5. Good cutting performance. This is because the presence of graphite makes turning chips easy to brittle and does not stick to the tool.
The company also provides welded steel pipes and Seamless Steel Pipes, please feel free to contact us if necessary